Thursday, October 14, 2010

Love Song

This is a digital piece I did in response to a challenge at Digital Whisper. We were to take an image of smoke and add something to it. I thought this image of smoke looked like a spirit. So I had him meeting this lady in a secluded spot in a pond...

After I made this I realized the challenge was to add the smoke to an existing photo. Oops, I need to read those challenges more carefully. So I thought I would just post it here to my blog. I'm trying to learn some techniques for photomanipulation. I love some of the results you get with that technique.

Here is a journal page I did for my online journaling group:

This is in response to the prompt for a favorite musical instrument. I don't play any instruments but I have always loved the saxophone. And I love jazz music. So, I sketched this little guy playing the sax.

October 13 my hubby and I celebrated our 20 year wedding anniversary! Yay! So I dedicated this page to that event. We were both kind of in shock that it had been that long. A lot has happened over the years. We've lost some family members and have held together strong through many tough times.

I had many good memories making this page. Here's to many, many more to come!

3 comments:

Lori Saul said...

I love the smoke spirit- she seems to be interacting with the presence- really cool and expressive. Fun and spirited journal work as well! And big congrats Pam on your anniversary- time does fly (my hubby and I are 36 years). I love to see couples grow and compliment each other with time.
Best to you both!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Love the smoke being used as a spirit. Very clever. I look forward to seeing more.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Watona

Anonymous said...

LOVE that smoke! Love the dark to light and the background. Love the black and white girl too. And the droplets. Wonderful image. I see a face in the darkness of the background... adds something even more ethereal to it. Love your work! You are very talented! Love stopping in to see what you are up to!

-Angi