Friday, April 20, 2012

Dream World

I am loving a new book of poems I picked up called The Nine Senses, by Melissa Kwasny. These lines from her poem "The Book of Spells" inspired this digital piece. I've combined some of my own photography and bits of various digital backgrounds I've picked up along the way.

"Here, quiet as stone. A solid that blocks the ears. In our little camp,
sparkling with mica. In the water, which is the color of stones...
... Mouth of
water chewing the world to soft, spitting the hard pebbles of shale
and slate and shadow... Even here,
inland, we hear it sifting."

(from the poem, " The Book of Spells" by Melissa Kwasny)

It has been nice playing with digital art again. It gives me something to do while the paint is drying! ;) Thank you for your comments! I appreciate those of you who have stuck with me. Hugs to all of you!

1 comment:

Lori Saul said...

What beautiful digital play! You are so versatile with many types of art processes. I too like to switch (I'm painting garden pots right now) and work in different mediums. I think it makes us better artists all around.

Hope all is well with you Pam!

Lori