Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Doing The Happy Dance

Some days I just feel like this! ;) I used another CitraSolv background for this top digital piece. Then added a couple of fun images and some little embellishments. I call it, "Dance". That's how I feel when I finish another painting, too. I have to say that I will probably never put away my Shiva Paintstiks. They are my new best friend.

I finished another painting in Misty Mawn's Portrait Class. Here it is set into a digital background. I call this one, "After The Storm".

And here is the original painting:

I worked very hard on her. It took a few days to do just the hair! But I was very happy with it when I finished. I painted each of her dreadlocks individually using the Paintstiks and a couple of packages of blending stumps. The blending stumps are really handy for painting small areas. I could use a paintbrush but then I'd have to clean the oil out of it. So, instead I find it easier to just use up packages of blending stumps and tortillons.

This is the final week of class and that makes me sad. I've loved this class! I hope she has another one soon. Do you know she even puts up playlists of songs for us to listen to while we work on each lesson? How cool is that! Definitely one of the best classes I've ever taken.

For this last week we are working on self portraits; not my favorite subject to paint! So, I'm digging in my archives for any halfway decent photo of me that I can use. Yes, I'm procrastinating for this lesson. But I'll get it started within the next couple of days.

There are still a few lessons that I want to at least produce something that I can show. My love affair with the Shiva's will have to go on hold while I try a few more of the other media she teaches. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Oh Pam your dance piece makes me light headed it is so beautiful- full of grace and movement through color; and your lady has such a wonderful attitude! Your art is truly inspired!

Killara girl said...

stunning. all you work is