Thursday, February 4, 2010

From One Sketch

Here is another painting I finished from Misty Mawn's Portrait Class. This one combines three media: Dr. Ph. Martin's inks, acrylic paint and Shiva Paint Stiks. I love the effects of combining them all together. This was done on hot press watercolor paper.

Next, I scanned the painting into Photoshop and did a few manipulations with layers and textures. This version is called, "Sad Eyes". I placed the painting onto a CitraSolv background and at the exact spot where I pasted it, I noticed a tear shape under one eye. It is just an ink spot on the background but I liked it.

All of these pieces I'm posting today came from this original graphite sketch:

I knew after I drew this one that I would be using it again and again. Here is another digital piece called, "She Talks To Angels" inspired by the song of the same name by The Black Crowes.

And, for a lighter mood, I made this one called, "Dreamer of Dreams".

Between all of the CitraSolv backgrounds I'm making and the paintings, sketches, etc. from Misty's class I am loving all of the options I now have for adding my own elements to my art. More paintings and some collage are in the works and I'll post them when I finish.

We are expecting a big snow for this weekend. I've got my art supplies and plenty of coffee. I'll be just fine! Stay tuned...

No comments: