Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day


This is a photo my very dear friend Sharon took on her trip to Dublin a few years ago. I thought it was an appropriate start to today's post. I like St. Patrick's Day because it's one of the early indicators that Spring is almost here.

After this long, bleak winter I am looking forward to warmer days, planting flowers, working in the yard and seeing the sun more than once every week or so. I received a nice surprise Saturday morning. I walked out my front door and there on the step was a planter of beautiful, pink tulips with a card that said, "Happy Spring! Happy Easter!". It was from my secret sister in my sorority. What a nice way to start the weekend. Those tulips are so happy! When the morning sun coming in through the windows hits them they just glow.

I can feel a little more energy when the sun is out. The neighbors start to get out of their houses more, walking and interacting. The increase in activity is another sure sign that Spring is getting ready to make its entrance. It can't be soon enough for me.

Enjoy your St. Patrick's Day. Hopefully you'll have a warm, sunny one.

No comments: