Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Springing Into Action



This is my favorite photo of myself as a little girl. I played around in Photoshop for a Warhol effect, and this is what I ended up with. I thought the colors were very Spring-like! It's a bright, sunny day here and I am headed outside to get some photos.

I have been really bad about procrastinating lately and it has finally started to bother me. There are so many projects and ideas and contests that I want to try and I haven't started the first one! I don't know if it's the winter hangover or what, but I have got to snap out of it and get busy.

I've been visiting the sites that offer challenges to their participants; these are art challenges I'm talking about. I have them listed on my sidebar under Challenge Yourself. These are great sources of inspiration! There are a few that offer a challenge every week and these are the ones I want to try. I need that constant reminder or nudge to get something finished. Left to my own devices, I'm usually sitting empty-handed.

I admire those people who are so prolific, either in their art or their writing. I guess it's what you get used to, what your habits are. If you don't practice everyday (in anything) then you don't produce much. I have been very lax lately in my art, my writing and my photography. I whined about not having a camera to take pictures of my artwork to post, and now I don't have anything to take pictures of! That's my fault.

One challenge I have my eye on is where you create one art quilt a week. These are small quilts, 9" x 12" so you won't get too overwhelmed with the size. I will create one this week and post it by next Wednesday. That is my challenge to myself. I have an idea of the subject matter and have all of the supplies I need to get this done. So, I'm off to get busy on that and to get outside and find more inspiration.

No comments: