Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chunky Book Love

I love chunky books! It's been awhile since I had participated in a chunky book swap so I signed up for this one with the theme: Home Sweet Home. These photos are listed in order of my favorites. You can click on each photo to get a larger view. The first house is called, "Home of the Muse". I used my own handmade fabric paper as the background and embellished it with napkins, chipboard, mica (for the window) and a white picket fence! I really had a good time with these. I love house images and seem to use them a lot in my art.

This second house is called, "Paris is Home". I used two of the Digital Grounds images that I printed onto soft gel medium and layered them over each other. The bottom image is a map of France and the image of the woman is overlapped onto that. The Digital Grounds makes the images transparent and gives them a mysterious effect, I think. The background is this really cool wrapping paper with a French theme that I toned down with some Titan Buff paint. I also collaged a sheet of French Textbook paper onto the background and covered that with a little of the paint. I really like the softness of the image and the muted colors.

This next house is called, "House of Memories". It has more of a vintage theme. I used mainly scrapbook papers and assorted collage papers for the background. I found these cool things called Fragments by Tim Holtz. I used one as the "window" that I placed over the image of the little boys. These fragments come in a big package with assorted sizes. I'll definitely use those again in my collages.

This last house is called, "Childhood Home". I wanted to give it a playful feeling so I used a lot of vintage images of children, some rubber stamps, a transparency of some dolls, a ribbon and a little heart patch I had in my stash.

I've been doing a lot of work in my art journal and my sketches for the Goddess and the Poet class are coming along. I'll post more of these soon. That's it for now.

No comments: