Monday, July 20, 2009

Venetian Mask Swap

Faced with the final days to complete my masks for the Venetian Mask Swap at The Sum of All ATC's Group, I did spend most of the day Sunday working on these masks. This first one is modeled after a gorgeous porcelain mask that my dear, dear sorority sis, Joanne, sent me. (I heart Joanne!) Of course, the one she sent me is much more colorful and ... I can't say enough about how gorgeous it is. Why didn't I include a photo of it? Doh!

Anyway, I tried to draw similar shapes and designs onto this one. I started with a heavy watercolor backing and I used my favorite Golden product, the Pearl Mica Flakes, as the background. I painted the gold and silver with Lumiere metallic paints and then added small glass beads over the silver layer and covered those with Diamond Glaze. I covered the ATC with a pretty metallic paper that I had, and adhered the mask with large glue dots so that it would stand out from the card a little bit. Hopefully, the person who gets this will like it!

This next one I used a product from Stewart Gill, which I'm LOVING, called Byzantia. This is the Jewel Bright Texture Media and I got it in two colors: Phoenecia and Labrynth. This particular color is the Labrynth. It is the turquoise colored metallic flake around the border. The interior of the mask is the Golden Mica Flake in Gold and the border around the eyes is the Golden Pearl Mica Flake. Then I added my favorite fiber called Trellis.

So now I'm off to get these in the mail. I have been keeping an eye on the swaps I'm signed up for: up next is the chunky book house swap. So cool! These are chipboard house shapes that we embellish however we want.

The next lesson in the Goddess workshop is due tomorrow and I'm going to cover my girl in clear Gesso and get her onto the wood. And, the little canvasses for the Faux Encaustics workshop are patiently waiting for me to add their collage papers! More to come...

No comments: