After having the base of the art quilt ready, I set about embellishing it. I spent the evening last night beading this as I watched football with hubby. After all the beading was complete, I sewed the quiltlet to a piece of black felt. I love the way this turned out. You can click on the photo to get a better view.
I have another one started and will be doing the beading on that one tonight. I've incorporated one of my sketches in this one. I painted the face of the girl and the muslin background with acrylic paint that I mixed with fabric medium. It really helped to keep the hand of the fabric soft and pliable. This is all a new area of exploration for me and I'm enjoying the experimentation. I hope to have something to show in the next couple of days.
The Shiva Paintstiks are a dream to work with. So soft and buttery! After 24 hours they are ready to heat set and then you can paint over them or do whatever you like. I've printed out a few of my newest sketches and transferred them to muslin. Now I'm working on designs for their little quiltlets.
That's it for today. Back to work on the quiltlets. I am beading the squares for my wall hanging in between breaks I take from the art quilts. Hope to have those ready to assemble this week.