Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Watercolor Warhol

There was this awesome Photoshop tutorial using watercolor effects posted at Digital Whisper and I had to sit down and try it. Unfortunately it took me a very long time to get it to work. It's still not quite right but at least it's close. I used my favorite photo of Andy Warhol and paired that with one of his quotes. I'm still going to tinker with the last few steps until I'm happy with it.

I have yet to receive the Moleskine notebook from Art House Co-op for the fiction project I've signed up for. The site says to allow 2 to 3 weeks for shipping. I hate to wait on anything; I am not a patient person. *sigh* I've been playing with a few ideas for this project and hope to be able to start on it soon!

I've also been playing with making journals. I've made a few more using Teesha Moore's method and just started a couple of other journals using hardback book covers and watercolor paper. I did finally receive some hot press watercolor paper and I love working with it; definitely worth the wait. My image transfer experiments are working much better with this paper. So I hope to have something to show very soon.

And I'm still battling this cold/flu thing that won't go away. One day I have no energy and ache all over and the next I think I'm getting better. Then I'll get feverish and congested. This has been going on for about three weeks. Yuk! Hope to get this thing beaten SOON!

OK, off to work on the journals while I still have some energy.

No comments: