Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What I've Been Working On




I haven't posted to the blog for a while because I've been busy with these! The top photo is the beginning of a baby blanket I am knitting. My nephew, Matthew and his wife, Abbey are expecting their first child in February. I don't know the sex of the child, so I thought I'd go with yellow. This is my first blanket and there are a few errors, but I'm sure they won't mind. I'm finally getting the hang of it. It's one of those projects where you knit with two strands of yarn throughout. I really like it and hope they will, too.

The rest of the photos are Christmas presents. The pink fluffy one is for me! I love that yarn! It's called Haute Fur and it comes in such delicious colors. I'm going to make more for myself after I finish the rest of the presents. The middle scarf in the top row is a ribbon yarn called Beguile from Yarn Bee. I love it, too, but it was a challenge to work with.

I also bought the knitting needles called Speed Stix. They are size 50 and they come with a book full of projects that you can complete fast. One thing I want to make for my hubby is an afghan for watching football this fall. Our basement is finished, but it gets a little chilly down there. So, the book had a couple of afghans that I think are manageable by Christmas.

On top of this, I've been neglecting my zine. It has to get finished and mailed. I have all the pages designed and a mock up ready. I just need to print out ten copies of each and assemble. I also ran out of color cartridge AGAIN! So, back to work. Also, hubby built me the coolest little contraption for knitting with huge balls of three or more strands at once. I'll post pictures of that soon.

No comments: