Sunday, March 15, 2009

Coming Apart

This is a digital collage that will become part of a larger work. I have been wanting to work with Lutradur for some time but I'm not really sure how to use it. Lesley Riley just had a book come out that talks about different ways to use Lutradur and it even includes two samples with the book. So when all of this comes in, I'll be able to play! I love her work. I have all of her books and couldn't wait for this one to come out. I'm wanting to take my favorite digital collages and transfer them to fabric and then mount on a canvas and finish them from there. The Lutradur will just be another element that I can incorporate. It's fun to experiment.

I finished my charms for the charm swap and mailed them off without taking any pictures! I was in such a hurry to get to the post office Saturday morning that it slipped my mind. They were pretty basic but not bad for my first try at making charms. I'm anxious to see what I get in return.

I've been poring over the fat book pages I received. These are gorgeous examples of art techniques. There are so many I want to try. I'll start posting my favorite ones every now and then to give you an idea of what I am going to try. I started a pile of techniques that I wanted to try right away but the pile got too big. So I decided to place them in order by which technique I want to try first, second, etc. That's a little better. I'll post the first one either tonight or tomorrow. These little pages make you want to jump in and start trying them right NOW!

I still have my two art dolls in progress that I'm working on through the Moss Hill Studio class. The hardest part about the dolls is waiting for each coat of paint to dry. I don't like to use a heat gun to speed up the drying process so I just have to wait for them to dry until I can put on the next coat.

I've got one ATC swap that has to be out by the end of the month and another skinny book of 25 pages that I need to have mailed by next weekend. Those are the projects I'll be working on this week.

No comments: