Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 2009 has to be better than 2008; at least I hope so! Hubby and I made a nice steak dinner and watched the Bowl games on TV. We love college football and this week, in particular! There are Bowl games on everyday!! So, we rang in the new year safely and quietly.

This is the latest altered Christmas card I made. I added the glass bead texture gel to the bottom for the snow effect. Then, I covered the trees and the snowman in Diamond Glaze to a) glue them down and b) give them a "sticker" effect. I then beaded white seed beads onto the background. Very cool! This one I will send away for a trade.

Today I hope to finish up some various swaps I'm signed up for in January and then get down to creating my skinny book pages, my fat book pages and my collages. Hopefully I won't be enticed to sign up for any more swaps until I make major progress on these big projects.

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions. I just hope to do better in the following year. For this year, though, I do hope to finish these larger challenges and I look forward to growing in my art! I hope everyone had a safe New Year. I look forward to what this years brings!

No comments: