Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vintage Themed Fabric Paper

I completed batch three of my fabric paper last night. I'm getting more on track, I think. I'm also running out of images! This first photo is a completed sheet that I used wallpaper as the paper scraps. The thicker wallpaper definitely takes the glue better than the thinner wrapping paper or other scraps I've used in earlier batches. You can click on the images to get a closer view of the detail.

On this next sheet I used some collage paper that I've had for years and was saving for...I don't know what. So, I adhered pieces of those papers and they did wrinkle a little, but that's to be expected.

Here is a closeup of the collage sheet.

If you notice on all of these sheets, compared to the earlier batches, there seems to be a gauzy type of cover over them. That's the tissue paper! I like the effect of a single sheet of tissue paper covering the whole thing. Now, I have to decide which sheets I'll use for the fat book pages and if I'll have to make any more. Then I'll cut them up into 4"x4" squares and adhere to the watercolor base page.

The only thing I wish were different is that these still seem a bit stiff for my liking. In the future, I will experiment with using some sheets with more diluted glue You are supposed to get a softer paper with more diluted glue. I will go back and check the article to make sure. I would like the fabric paper to be softer. But, I can live with what I have so far.

Also, I have some good plans for the sheets I've completed so far that won't be used for the fat pages. I'll use parts of them in my collages on the collage swap and other parts for a project about Paris. Stay tuned...

No comments: