Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Enchanted Dream

This is another digital collage I made in response to the Artist's Happiness Challenge course I am taking. The challenge for this week: Show your gratitude for someone in your life by making a piece of art to honor them.

Of course I chose my mother. She was always there to hold my hand and guide me through everything! I've been dreaming about her a lot lately. Her birthday is coming up on April 2. She will have been gone five years (still unfathomable to me) on April 4. I still miss her so much.

I've been going through old photos of my childhood. This one stood out and I think was perfect for this piece. The photo of mom is from when she was in her late teens/early 20's; somewhere around there. I'm the one looking down at it all through rose-colored glasses, remembering a better time.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I didn't even notice you until you said you were the one with rose colored glasses - I had to go back and look. Cool picture.