Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Dream In Flowers

On Monday I posted about the "honey and vinegar" art we were to make this week in the Artist's Happiness Challenge Course I'm taking. Monday's art was the "vinegar" and today's is the "honey". This piece definitely makes me happy. I think it's whimsical, dreamy and other-worldly.

I love to use images of dolls and this is one in my collection. The background just says "happy" and when I look at this I feel soothed. That was part of the challenge, too. You were to make note of your feelings as you made each piece. What were your thoughts and feelings when you made your positive piece vs. when you made your negative piece. It was a good challenge and I'm happy with the results.

BTW, we DID get a new coffeemaker. Unfortunately I haven't been able to use it yet. Last night we had a terrible storm with wind gusts over 50 mph. There are lots of downed trees and branches around here. The creek is over it's banks and we lost electricity at about 3:45 am. It did not come back on until after 1 pm this afternoon. So, it's been interesting around here to say the least.

It's still windy today but not near as bad as yesterday. Hopefully things will quiet down after tonight.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

This one makes me happy too. She is so dainty.