Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Collages for Baker's Dozen

I've mentioned before that I'm participating in the Baker's Dozen International Collage Exchange out of New Zealand. Time is winding down to get my 13 collages submitted, so of course now I'm really working on them! Here are the first few that I've finished.

This first one is called, "Balancing Act". I'm having fun mixing/matching eyes, noses and mouths for a composite face effect. I've got tons of images saved over the years and putting these different elements together forces you to look at angles, size, etc. It's good practice. I also had great success with my first image transfer onto packing tape. The little girl that is superimposed over the meditating woman is my image transfer. When you do this technique, your image becomes transparent and you can then glue it over something else.

The next collage is called, "Storm Warning". The house used in this piece belonged to my Great Grandmother Morgan! It's fun searching through old family photos and finding bits and pieces of things to use in your art.

This next one is called, "More, More, More...". I thought I would throw a few whimsical pieces in the bunch. The only difference between this one and the finished one is I added a Louis Vuitton bag that is balanced on top of the bracelet end on the right side. That balanced the composition out better.

I'm also submitting the collage, "Haunted By Her Past" that I posted a few days ago. I was able to successfully translate that into a 3-D image and I'm pretty happy with the result. So, that's 4 down and 9 to go! Stay tuned..

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I love the house in Storm Warning - very cool. My favorite is still Haunted by her past. Do you notice a pattern here? I like all the gray, scary barren pictures. What's that say about me?