Sunday, February 1, 2009

What's New

I just started this course last night and I LOVE it! This is coming at a great time for me. Winter blah's are setting in and I will take any ray of sunshine when I can get it. It is an online course that I read about at the Artella website. Lani is an amazing woman. She creates beautiful art (collages and puppets!) and she's also a trained professional in art therapy.

I was mad at myself for waiting so long to enroll. By the time I got around to it, the course had been going on for three weeks! Lani was generous enough to let me in, even at this late date. I sat down last night and read through the first three weeks of material. I am so glad I signed up! This is just the boost I need right now.

One of the first challenges she has us doing is to sit down every day and write out three things you are grateful for and then incorporate those into your art. She also advises starting an art journal. Yes, I have been wanting to start an art journal. This will MAKE me do it. There are great relaxation tips and thought-provoking articles to read. I am in heaven with this course.

This morning I sat down and wrote out my three things I am grateful for and then put them into a digital collage called "Beginning to Shine" because that is how I am starting to feel! I will post it now.

No comments: