Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Everything and Anything



I've been busy! Hubby and I are almost done with the basement decorating. That took many days. We are both perfectionists and that slowed us down a little. Plus, I kept finding things I wanted to include and so did he. In the middle of all of that, we were organizing the other two rooms of the basement area, making room for storage of items that were in the garage. AND, college football started this weekend and we didn't want to miss any games. Whew!

I managed to start my next digital altered book (DAB). In a previous post I showed you the cover that I was given to start with. Here is my version of the new cover. Of course I had to put my name on it! ;) It didn't help that when I turned on my computer this morning, there was no internet. Then, I checked the TV and there was no cable. The message was: No Signal. After reporting that, I decided to get into Photoshop and start working on my book. Thank goodness I don't need the internet for that. I have a ton of images that I want to include in this cute little book!

Also, in the evenings I've been working on some afghans. One is made from yarn of all pastel colors called "Monet". The other is the one I've put up here today. It is going to be in Ohio State's colors of scarlet and gray. I've never knitted with the circular needles before, so this is a first. Also, it has 111 stitches. The most I've ever worked with at one time was 66. So, lots of new things with this project. I've been working on it while we watch TV in the evenings. It will be for hubby. In the winter, we keep the heat turned DOWN and have to bundle up. Especially in the basement family room; the coldest part of the house! So, this afghan will help him to keep warm while we watch football.

I'll post pictures of what we've accomplished in the family room tomorrow. It's almost finished, but there are a few more things I need to make. That's it for today.

No comments: