Thursday, September 4, 2008

More of Everything!





I have been playing in Photoshop and am making great progress on my next digital book! (see previous post) Previously I posted the altered cover and these are the next pages in order. I've included the original page that we are given to alter and right below it I've posted the altered page. These are addicting once you sit down and work on them! Yes, I am the world's worst procrastinator, so all of the household things and various other projects have gotten thrown aside while I play with these. ;)

I've worked on these particular pages for the last two days. Now I have a total of four pages complete (somewhat), including the cover. There will always be a little tweaking as I go along, but for the most part this is what they will look like.

One of the more enjoyable parts of these books is searching for images to include. I've pored over ephemera books, children's books, etc. looking for the right images to go with the text. I'm including most of the images and text that we are given but I'm either changing the style, font, or color of it.

While I was at it, I picked up a couple of books at the library on altered books (the REAL kind). At first I was hesitant to even look into it. I adore books and my house is filled with them. I couldn't get past the thought of cutting one up. eek! But, the books they advise you to use for altering are OLD battered, tattered books that are heading for the dump anyway. This way you are saving the book, just making art out of it! :) So, I picked up a few books at the Goodwill and am going to give it a try. It's been so fun doing it digitally, I want to get my hands dirty and create something I can show off! I also want to include personal photos, family photos, fabrics, all of the goodies I have sitting right here in the studio.

Yes, I've got yet another project to start on. My zines are just about wrapped up (have I said that before?) and I plan on mailing those out at the end of next week. I have to host our next sorority meeting Monday night so I need to set aside some time and get cleaning and shopping done for that. Other than all of this, nothing much is happening. I've had a series of migraines for the last couple of days which has slowed me down. Thank God for Imitrex. They still take their toll, though. So far, no sign of one today. Cross your fingers that my luck lasts.

I know I said I'd post pictures of the finished basement. They are coming. We are still moving a few things around, discussing and bargaining on what to include and what gets put up. Stay tuned for further developments on everything and anything...

No comments: