Thursday, September 25, 2008

Inner Child ATC


This is the third ATC I made for the Artella Magic Key ATC swap. I loved this image. It's a reminder to allow yourself to play! Don't forget your inner child. She is there to give you permission to have fun! Art is a wonderful opportunity to let go and play, just like you used to do in art class.

I used to love art day in grade school. Our art teacher would wheel in this cart filled to the brim with goodies like paints, papers, glue, scissors, etc. She was magical to me. She always wore the most vibrant colors and her jewelry, I realize now, was hand-painted. She was definitely an inspiration to me.

I've continued making more magic key ATC's even though I've already mailed in my five for the swap. I loved this theme! I'm curious to see what I get in return. I've never been disappointed. I'm thinking about what I can do with all of these little canvasses I get in these swaps. There are lots of options out there. I've seen binders with little pre-made pockets to store them in, a wooden carousel with pockets to display them in, people have even strung them on beads and hung them in their studio! I'm thinking about printing them on cloth and sewing them into little art quilts. I've been toying with a layout for these. More to come...

I've got to get to work finishing my next digital altered book and my zine. The altered book contest deadline is Oct. 4 and the zine deadline (fast approaching) is Oct. 11. So, that's it for now. Thanks for stopping in!

No comments: