Friday, April 10, 2009

At Home With Color!

I've really been enjoying Pam Carriker's Visual Journalism 101 journal workshop. It's nice to get some pages going with backgrounds! This week we are just concentrating on getting color onto the pages and creating interesting backgrounds. I've got about seven pages colored and have begun some more. We aren't thinking about what we'll put ON the backgrounds yet...just getting color down. My colors have been in the blues/pinks/oranges hue. I'm really liking most of my pages so far! When the backgrounds are completely finished (before journalling onto them) I'll post my faves.

I have also begun a project for an art trade with a cyberfriend from the Artella website. We are making 8 x 10 collages for each other to exchange. I need to get more done on that project this weekend! Playing with all of this color and paint and texture just made me want to create a little digital art journal page until the "real" one is finished. Aren't these colors yummy? ;) That's one of the few photos of me as a youngster that I actually like! These digital elements are all from the designer Christine Honsinger (Fiddlette Designs) at Scrap Artist.com. I just love her style and have been grabbing up her kits as fast as she creates them.

No comments: