Sunday, April 12, 2009

Moonlight Magic

I've been playing in Photoshop again! This time I was working on the "reflection in the water" effect. I'm getting there! It's supposed to be a little distorted. Anyway, this was a fun image to play with. She just looks like a magical creature. Photoshop tutorials on the Web have links to all sorts of images like this to be used in your experiments.

I was not happy with the background I painted for the collage trade I'm working on. I just didn't like the color. I added bits of color and shading to it all day yesterday after each layer dried. So today I just painted over the whole thing. I think I like this hue better. Tomorrow I'll start adding the collage bits and see if it will work.

The doll sculpting lessons are getting more difficult but the type of clay is getting easier to work with. I am not a fan of Original Sculpey. This week we are working with either Fimo Soft or ProSculpt (which is not available anywhere here). So the Fimo is easier on the hands. When I sculpt a face I'm not ashamed of, I'll let you know. ;)

I have nine background pages painted in my art journal. I'll post some of those this week. I hate to put anything on them! Oh well, I have an entire journal to paint and mark up so I better take the plunge and start collaging over them. Eventually I'll have to add some writing so I can't get attached to backgrounds.

That's all for today. Hope you all had a great weekend! Maybe Spring is finally here?

No comments: