Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fairytale Night

I know I have a tendency to get excited about new projects and forget about ones I've started; a bad habit to get into and I'm working on it. Hence, this little addition to my digital altered book about castles. Remember that? I haven't forgotten and have pledged to finish it in the next couple of days so I can devote my time to my newly-found love of paintovers.

This is a night scene that will be included in the book. As usual, if you click on the image you can see a much larger version. The image on the bottom half of the page is an image from the actual book. It's rare that I use what's included in the book because the images don't usually tie in with what I have in mind, but I thought I could use this one, along with the text from the book.

When I finish with the book, I'll leave the link on my sidebar underneath the title "My Digital Altered Books." It seems I've had a burst of creativity and I'm trying to take advantage of that. I have a couple of weeks to devote as much free time to my art as I want since hubby is out of town. So, I plan to just get into a creative frenzy.

Tonight I've painted two more backgrounds on blank canvasses and have found too many images to paint. Besides my brides, I've also decided to try my hand with my collection of ball and joint dolls. Their faces are so precious! I don't know how they will translate with the paint, so that will be the experiment. I'll keep you posted on that front. Thanks to GrayAngi for the idea. She said she may try to paint using images a younger audience would like. Good thinking! I thought of my dolls. They might just work!

Since I'm trying to stay on task for projects that I have started, I must get back to work. Ella's canvas is coming along nicely. I'm at a difficult spot on it and need to rethink a few things. So, that's it from the studio tonight.

No comments: