Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mystery and Magic


After much trying and re-trying, I was finally able to upload these images! I think, perhaps, it's too early in the day for me to try and tackle such difficult tasks. Anyway, I thought I would put up two images today to show you some of the things I've been working on this week.

The first one is my latest ATC. Now I only have three more to make today. That's what procrastination will do for you. But sometimes I do my best work under pressure, so we'll see. I like these images. I love to watch movies from that time period, with the horse and buggies, cobblestone streets, and the very formal ladies' dresses. I know it wasn't all glamorous but I enjoy seeing those images.

The second photo is one of the pages from my digital altered book. I loved the look of this castle when I first came across it. The roundness was just different enough to bring out the room that I included in the bottom page. It's walls were also a rounded shape. The photos were taken from two different castles, but in my book they belong together. And my little fairy lady seems to be right at home in her frilly bedroom. Yes, I realize the proportion is a little off but she's a magical being. If she needs to shrink down a little in size in order to sleep in her bed, she can! ;) You can click on the images to get the larger version.

It's a gorgeous day here today. My lilac bush has exploded with the vibrant colors I was hoping it would produce! It just waited a little longer than usual to do it. I took some photos this morning and will post them soon. However, they just don't do it justice, I'm afraid. That's all due to lack of photography skills on my part. The trees around here are blooming into magical bursts of whites, creams, raspberry, all shades of purple... it's a treat just to get out and walk in the neighborhood. My husband and I took a long walk yesterday and I forgot my camera. Today, I'll remember...

No comments: