Sunday, July 13, 2008

Secret Door to Creative Imaginations ATC



Here is the fourth ATC that I made for the Secret Door ATC Swap at Artella. I love this image of the little girl in the clown outfit. The colors are so soft and she just looks like she's imagining all sorts of fun things! Again, the color didn't come across too well in the scan.

One thing I hope to improve on is my photography skills. I thought it would be fairly easy to snap photos with my digital camera, but once they are on the screen in the image editing program I see where the lighting or the angle is off, or I've moved the camera and it's blurry. Frustrating!! The color isn't quite right a lot of times and trying to manipulate that in PhotoShop can be a challenge. So, there's much room for improvement needed in that area.

I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon gathering papers together for my zines. I am hoping to save myself from having to buy a few ink cartridges by having colored background pages already in place. Then, my content can just be added to those. I'll show you what I mean when I get a sample page finished.

I'm still debating what size to make the zine. I've got examples that go from small pamphlet sized zines to larger ones made of construction paper. It's really a matter of choice and needing to know what you are including on your pages. You need to be able to accommodate any large art or envelopes for goodies. I have LOTS of goodies to include, so the fun is in deciding which goodie goes into which zine!

This is giving me a welcome opportunity to use up a lot of my huge stash of art papers, scrapbook papers, embellishments from kits that I receive monthly. Today's goal: decide on the size and cut all the papers so I can start the collaging and writing!

After much consideration, I've decided the theme for this zine will be: Wings...
Stay tuned to see what all I do with this idea. ;)

No comments: