Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sneak Peek At WIP's





I thought I would post a couple of photos of my works-in-progress and some of the materials I am thinking about using. I don't like to post to the blog if there isn't anything to say but I did want to show you some of the things I'm working on behind the scenes.

The first photo is my newest doll. She's a glamour doll. I don't have the eyelashes glued on yet, but they managed to stick for the photo. The hair is just as I imagined it to be when I started knitting it. I LOVE this "Dream Girl" yarn by Yarn Bee, and the color is "Tiffany". I think it is my favorite of all the yarns I've tried to date. It's so silky soft, just heavenly to touch! ;)

The second photo is my newest bridal paintover. This is how it starts out. I painted a background in colors I like, added a few swirls when the paint was wet and adhered my image. Now she's ready for the paint. I loved this picture when I saw it in the bridal mag. We'll see how it turns out!

The next photo is my prize find from my trip to Wisconsin! I have looked high and low for these Angelina fibers. They are shiny, gorgeous little fibers that you use to couch between layers of fabric; usually something see-through like organza. I was all set to order some from the internet, when we happened upon these in the best craft store I have ever been in. Thanks, Carmen, for taking me!! I was one happy camper when I left the store with these and another item that is just not out there: doll eyes! It creeped my husband out when I showed him all of these different sizes of blue and brown eyes, but he's getting used to heads, eyes, hands, etc. in various stages of production when he enters my studio.

The next two photos are some fabrics I'm thinking about for glamour doll's gown. Again, some gorgeous finds in Wisconsin. I can't decide which ones I want to use. I'll see which ones she starts to favor, then we'll go from there.

We had a great time visiting Carmen and Richard on our Wisconsin trip. We agreed it would be so cool to live closer to them. We visited the University of Wisconsin campus right on the lake. That's one of my favorite places to go. Carmen and I had a whole morning of shopping: quilt shop, fabric store, beading store (ooh, the goodies in there!!) and the craft store from heaven. Maybe it's a good thing I don't live there. Could get into trouble buying up the goodies. :) Another added bonus: we went to Borders and Carmen and Richard had Border dollars to spend. I ended up with a coveted book I've always wanted on doll making. Thanks, guys!! Now, back home, I'm eager to get started with all of these goodies. Stay tuned...

No comments: