Saturday, July 19, 2008

Zine Snippets


These are just a few of the goodies I will be including in my zine. The top photo shows paper dolls that I made with fabric. Since we have to make 10 zines, there was a lot of cutting and adhering of the fabric to the templates. I toyed with the idea of giving them faces, but left them blank for the art doll look. There may still be some embellishments to add, but for the most part they are done. They will have their own page in the zine. I have an idea of how to adhere them so that they can be removable. I was glad that I had enough brads for their "joints". This zine is going to make me use up some of the overabundance of supplies I've gathered over the years. That's a GOOD thing! :)

The bottom photo shows an ATC that I created a while back in my gallery at Artella. You can click on the images to see a larger version. It's theme is "fantasy". The butterfly fabric at the bottom has a special use. I'll show you what I've done with that when I get all 10 finished.

The little notecards will be mini-zines adhered to a page. The image of the lady with a wing mask is one I digitally created and will be printed out on canvas paper and adhered to another page. So, the page planning is going pretty well. I have my dad visiting this weekend, so not much work will get done on these until Monday. Just thought I'd give you a little peek of coming attractions. I can't wait to get started painting and embellishing the background pages for this zine.

No comments: