Friday, July 11, 2008

Secret Door to The Past: ATC 2



Here is the second ATC I created for the Secret Door ATC Swap at Artella. It's called, "A Secret Door to The Past". I found an image of an old scrap book and thought that would be a good place to start. I apologize for the quality of the scan. It didn't translate too well after the image was copied.

I attached a small key charm to use as the "doorknob" into the past. The writing on all of my ATC's is done with a gold jell pen. It looks much better in person than the scan shows. The second photo is an old cabinet card photo I have in my collection. I wanted to add to the vintage feel of the scrapbook. And the last photo is the back of the card.

I've been pouring over my zines I won from the ebay auction awhile back, trying to come up with some ideas for page layouts in my zine. They are all so unique so it's a great source of inspiration on how to write up little stories, what sort of things to attach in the zine. Most of the zines have little goodies attached to them. They use either a small envelope with a charm or some other prize tucked away inside, or they even attach smaller zines to the page!

My mind is racing with so many ideas, I'm going to have to hold back on some of them or I'll be creating a book! ;) I have my theme set and am now in the process of searching for the perfect images. Stay tuned for further details.

I'm working on a little painting that I hope to finish today. It's totally different than anything I've done so far. I'm all for trying new things in art! I hope to have it finished by tonight. That's all for now. Off to work...

No comments: