Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tribute to Starry Night


I've been away visiting my mother-in-law Lydia these past three days. One thing I wanted to make sure I did was get a photo of the gorgeous art quilt she made called, "Tribute to Van Gogh's Starry Night." Isn't it AMAZING? You can click on the quilt to get a better view. Just compare it to the photo of the painting shown underneath. It's just awesome!! Great job, Lydia! :) This is one of my very favorite art quilts that she's made. Her fabric choices were perfect in the quilt. I had an ulterior motive in mind, too, for taking this photo. I want to make one! I'm gathering bits and pieces of the perfect fabric (the hardest part!) and have a pretty good poster to use as my template.

Of course, this project will have to take its turn behind the ones I've already committed to. Speaking of which... I have so many ideas for my zine that I have found I need to pare them down. So today I need to decide just what will be on the ten pages. We CAN have more than ten pages, but I'm going to try to stick to that.

Being away from the zine for a few days has given me a fresh perspective. I find that comes in handy in any art project. Sometimes just stepping away from it for a little while clears your head and you can see the entire project more clearly. So, I start today's work more focused on what exactly I want to include in the zine.

I was a little intimidated when I read on the Artella site that one person is actually almost finished with her zine. Yikes! But, the deadline still remains in October. Whew! So, enough talk. Back to work. Stay tuned...

No comments: