Friday, November 21, 2008

Holiday Memories: Vintage Style


Here are the final two cards I made for the Artella Holiday Memories ATC Swap. I decided to make these last two cards with more of a vintage feel. I had a little scrapbook kit in my stash that had these cool vintage Christmas images on them. I cut out the images that would fit nicely on my card and just collaged them all together. Of course I had to put some doll images on there! The backgrounds I painted and then embossed with copper embossing powder to give it an old "rusty" look. I'm pretty happy with these. Now I can get them in the mail today!

I forgot to mention how many people had signed up for the fat book swap in my post yesterday. So far there are 112. The deadline for sign-ups is supposed to be Sunday, but today the hostess said she may hold out to see if they can get 120 people for this swap, like they did for the one that was just completed! Regardless of how many sign up, I'm going to be making at least 125 pages!

I've already cut 90 background sheets, so I'm a little ahead of the game so far. You have to adhere your technique to a sturdy base page that measures 4" x 4". I'm using a heavy watercolor paper for my base page. You also need to leave the left 1/2" margin of the front side clear to allow for binding your page. Same goes for the back (right) 1/2" for when you turn the page over and read your instructions! I've even marked off the margins on the pages I've already cut! I've found that this is a good activity to do while watching football. Am I good, or what! :)

Since you have to include a few extra pages in your packet, you also don't want to forget to keep one for yourself. Duh! That would be a bummer; send all your pages off and not have one of your own for your book. You just need to slow down and think about what you're doing. I can't wait to dive into doing the actual technique. I want to do batches of the fabric paper in different themes. You'll see what I mean after I do a batch. :)

Right now I must get ready for my sister's visit. Her room isn't quite ready. I've been using the spare bedroom to store all of my yarns, fabrics in. So, off to clear a tiny space for her to sleep! Stay tuned...

No comments: