Sunday, November 16, 2008

November Art Doll ATC's

Here is one of the ATC's I made for the November Art Doll ATC Swap in one of my Yahoo groups. We have to make four dolls (cards) and we will receive five in return. The theme for the November swap is "Thanksgiving" and you can interpret it any way you want.

I wanted to do something different with this month, rather than the usual turkey, pilgrim or Indian doll. So, I made my theme to be what I am thankful for. This card's title is: "Thankful for Winter's Arrival." I am glad to see the heat and humidity of summer go and always look forward to Fall. Winter's white snowy blanket always reminds me of glitter and I found this white glittered scrapbook paper which I thought would be perfect for my little Mr. Winter doll. I made his face from the Sun/Moon push molds I received from my dear friend Joanne a few weeks back. I gave him a couple of coats of different white paints and added some "hair". The tree on the side of the card is part of a dollar tree ornament I am cutting up and using on my winter cards. You'll see that again.

Here is the second card for the swap:

This card is called: "Thankful for Change of Seasons". He's a little silk leaf I cut out of a fall flower garland and inked up with distress ink to give him that muddy look. His legs are part of the same garland that I snipped off the end of the leaves and just glued down. Behind him I stamped the background with a background stamp and embossed it with copper embossing powder. It doesn't show up very well in the photo but it's nice and shiny, kind of like the fall coppers and golds you see when you look at the fall foliage.

Now I have to make the other two cards. Stay tuned...

No comments: