Wednesday, November 5, 2008

LOVE: Asian Style

This is an ATC I made for a Winner Takes All drawing in one of my Yahoo groups. The idea is you sign up and a random generator picks two names. Those are the winners. Each person who did not win has to make one ATC for each winner. When you sign up you list your favorite themes so people know what you would like on your card. This person listed Asian and birds as possible themes. I had a little set of Asian stamps and liked the "Love" one, so I stamped that on some gold lame.

The Asian -themed scene is from a credit card case my hubby gave to me. He received it from one of his students. Very pretty. Once again, the scan doesn't do it justice. I used a fabric remnant that I thought looked kind of Asian-y and adhered everything to it.

I'm not really that into Asian art or themes. I think I had my fill when I first moved out of my parents' house and got my own place. I had Asian everything. After years of living with all of that stuff, I finally burned out on it. But I see that it is very popular with ATC groups so I better have a few supplies on hand in case I have to make any more of these. I did get a little package of Origami paper that I can use for backgrounds. They just didn't match these particular items I wanted to use on this card.

Other news: I am LOVING my paper dolls. It will be very hard to let them go. I came up with a new theme for all three. Needless to say, the one I showed earlier is staying home with me. These three new ones are turning out divine! I will post them as I finish them. Also, I received three more Zetti girl stamps today! Yay! More images to follow...

No comments: