Friday, November 14, 2008

Isabella: The Paper Doll

OK, if I were a paper doll this is what I would look like! Tall, very thin and carrying my paints around with me at all times. Oh yes, I would have very long, multi-colored hair and my ever present jester hat. Ha! This one was fun to do. This is the last of three paper dolls I made for the paper doll swap at Artella. You can click on the photo to get a larger view. The other two dolls are shown on previous posts.

I don't know which one is my favorite. I like them all. This one is made of very cool Harlequin fabric glued to a doll template made of heavy watercolor paper. The most trying part of the whole doll was getting those pom poms and tassels to stick (I used heavy duty adhesive). I think they are on pretty good now. She's a little over 10" tall and I really hated to see her go (just like the other two). :( I'll post the dolls I receive in the swap when they arrive. I mailed all three of my babies off today. The deadline is tomorrow, but we'll see if everyone sticks to it.

Now I must finish (start) the ATC's for the November Art Doll Swap in one of the Yahoo Groups I belong to and the Holiday Memories ATC Swap at Artella. The mailing deadlines for both of these are very soon (two weeks) but there are other projects that need to be in the works asap. Stay tuned...

No comments: