Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Woodland Fairy Bride

Here is the second doll that I made for the paper doll swap at Artella. I call her the woodland fairy bride. You can click on the image for a larger view. She will be my doll made for the "anything you want to make" category. The other two categories are: your muse, and yourself. She came about after I saw this book...

This is an awesome book if you are really into fairies. Of course, anyone who knows me knows I love these little creatures. This book is a collection of fairy clothes put forth by the House of Elwand. It's so creative! There are beautiful little creations in there made from leaves, flowers, beads, feathers, you name it. The ultimate creation, in my opinion, was the bridal gown. Here is their version:

I took their lead and filled this in with a base of white feathers like the ones shown here. Then I glued more curly, fluffy feathers on top of the base feathers and really liked the outcome. For the waistband I had some glue on pearls that matched the colors pretty well. I just left the bodice as is after many tries to embellish it. Nothing looked as good as the original. So, all that was left was to find a suitable face and make her hair. She is really special. Yes, I will hate to see her go.... such is the price you pay for a swap. Speaking of swaps...I received my box of zines in the mail! They are awesome and I will post a picture of them tomorrow. Now I must finish my third paper doll; the one that is supposed to represent me. This will be interesting...

No comments: