Thursday, December 11, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different...

This is one of the images from a collage sheet I just got from the artist Teesha Moore. Her website features all of the Zetti stamps I've been using lately. I show this to tell you about the new projects that are taking up my time. I don't have any finished pieces to show yet, so I thought I'd put up one of Teesha's collages.

First, I'm participating in an international collage challenge based out of New Zealand. It's a collage swap/challenge. You create 13 collages that are 8" x 10" in size. You send them to the artist Dale Copeland (who is hosting this swap) and she will, in turn, send you 13 collages from all around the world! Cool, huh? Here is the link that explains more about this fun project: http://outofsight.co.nz/Dale/collage.htm Also, you will have one of your collages chosen to be included in the exhibit at a museum in New Zealand. She hosts this challenge every year and this is her 11th year. I read about this in the Artella Daily Musepaper a while back and decided to give it a try. I've already talked two other people into joining in the fun: my sister and an art buddy at Artella.

Your collages can be on any theme you wish, so it's pretty open. I'm thinking of doing part of them on a fashion theme (kind of grungy, Gothic style) and the other half on a "masks" theme. We'll see what shakes out. Stay tuned...

I'm also getting serious today with the art techniques background swap I mentioned earlier. My first batch of fabric paper is coming up. I've just received a new shipment of fun Zetti images, some iridescent medium, clear tar gel medium, and glass beads medium. Oh my! What will I do with all of that? You'll see...

And, finally, my good art buddy at Artella, Mr. Billizetti, is hosting a ....Ta Da! Zetti Zine swap! This one will be pretty simple. We all have to create one page (8 1/2" x 11") from any medium we choose, embellished however we like. Then, based on the number of people who sign up for the swap, make that number of copies of our page (or make them all originals, your choice) and send them off to him. This will be fun! He's already created a cover for the zine! I'll post that later.

Now off to work. Just wanted you to see what's going on behind the scenes. By the way, we had our annual Christmas party for hubby's students on Tuesday night. All of them seemed to really like their ornaments!

No comments: