Friday, December 5, 2008

Follow Your Bliss

This is the second ATC I created for the "Winner Takes All" game in a Yahoo Group I belong to. This person specified that she liked as her theme: anything shiny and sparkly. The background is a holographic paper I found at JoAnn Fabrics in the scrapbook section. Who knew? It's plenty shiny! The woman is a clay tile I made a while back. She's really a deep magenta color. For some reason she photographed more of a copper.

A dear friend of mine always has this advice: "follow your bliss". I like that! So, for this winner I chose that as the name of the card. I gave her some bling with a queen's crown that I embellished with pink Swarovski crystals. I added a clear Swarovski crystal near the top of the crown and at the top of the card just inside the heart cutout. That should take care of the sparkly part!

Just for fun I added a 3-D heart sticker and placed a cut out crown around it. Hopefully she'll like what I did. I'm off now to the post office to send it off.

Feeling much better today. It's a good thing because I have a ton of stuff to do to get ready for a gathering we are having here on Tuesday evening. It's a Christmas party for some of hubby's students. Have I even taken my Christmas tree out to decorate? NO! Have I made the students their little gifts? NO! So, enough chattering. Must get busy. Stay tuned to see what I make for the students...

1 comment:

Sherry said...

The holographic paper is very retro - I love that!