Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hear Me Roar!


Well, this is my theme for these past couple of weeks: frustration! Actually, this is a photo of my cat, Beanie, yawning, but it looks like she could be roaring. I'm in a cycle of frustrating ups and downs and I figure it has to break sometime soon. Maybe the fact that it's April Fool's Day will break the spell. Who knows.
All I can do is keep on plugging along and hopefully all of these disappointments and obstacles will go away. I am making progress on some fronts, though, and it's always good to keep your positive energy out there in front of you.
I am almost finished with my first mini-art quilt. I am still making some adjustments using Photoshop. But you have to know when to let go and move on to the next project. I like to keep tinkering with photos and backgrounds and colors, etc. but that usually keeps me from finishing something. I have learned a few new techniques and can't resist applying them to my photos. However, I must focus on finishing this piece!
Also making headway on my digital altered book. That is turning into a more complex project than I thought it would be when I signed up for it. When it's complete, I will post its link here.
So, I have allowed myself this brief intermission to ROAR out loud all of the frustrations of the past couple of weeks and now can get back to work.

No comments: