Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Highclere Castle

This is the revised page one of my digital altered book. I like it MUCH better. I tried to use the diagram that was given in the original book, but it just didn't do much for me. After a lot of time spent trying to get that page to look decent, I was just never satisfied with it. I want each page to show the splendor of actual castles and my original page one just didn't work.

I've got five pages finished. I am really happy with the way the book is progressing. I'm itching to start the haunted castles next, but I've got to concentrate on this one. I think I'll have more than enough images to fill it out.

One thing that slowed me down today was internet connection problems. I could rant on and on about that, but enough said. Some days just aren't going to go smoothly and it's up to me how I handle that. I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude and continue with the plan for today. I'm back online now and that's what matters. How's that for accepting adversity with a smile? ;)

Speaking of positive things, I've got more beautiful papers to scan in today. I found some gorgeous paper with French text written on it, some very frilly girly paper with crowns and diamonds (total whimsy), and a real different sort of background paper with a chalkboard effect. It will be interesting to see what I can come up with to add to these.

I'm investigating the pens and tablets that are out now for computers. I've got my eye on a WACOM tablet. I'm still in the investigation stage, but it looks like a lot of fun! There are so many choices out there when you really start looking. It's a little overwhelming. We'll have to actually go see a few of these in action. After all, my birthday is coming up next week... That's all for today. Will keep you updated on these and other events.

No comments: