Friday, April 18, 2008

Last Minute ATC

I decided to do one more ATC for the batch to send. This one had the pink/purple colors I like and that remind me of fairies and all things mystical. Now I have to rush off to the post office and send these things off.

We had a small earthquake here this morning at about 5:30 a.m. My husband and I weren't quite sure what had happened. It sounded like something rolling down the roof, and then it sounded like thunder far off. The bed made a shuffling sound; it's hard to describe. I thought my cat had gotten up inside the box spring again and was trying to get out. That's what it felt like; like something running loose under the bed.

Then, awhile ago, at about 11:30 a.m. I was up here on the computer and the desk started swaying left to right. My monitor was tipping toward me a little. The house literally shook. The windows rattled. I headed downstairs and then it stopped.

I saw on the news that a 5.2 earthquake hit Illinois this morning. No word yet on this most recent tremblor. It was stronger than the one this morning. We don't usually have earthquakes here. I hope this isn't going to continue.

No comments: