Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Finishing Touches

This is the welcome letter that is on the inside cover of my little zine I'm putting together for the Fall zine swap at Artella. You can click on the photo to get a giant view (sorry about that. Didn't mean to make it so huge). I decided to color in the little lady stamp with some of my colored pencils. I liked the way she turned out! I mixed it up and gave some versions green eyes, some brown and some blue. I would like to think I'm putting on the finishing touches, but I do have a few more pages to finish before I start assembling it.

Last night I was reading the posts from others who are just now sending their zines in. One person put it just right. She said it was like going through the stages of grief! There's disbelief (I can't believe I signed on for such a massive undertaking); denial (I am not going to finish this); and bargaining (If I'm real good and finish one more page before going to bed, I'll be able to buy some more paint...) just to name a few.

It's been a lot of fun, really. It's total freedom to play and create whatever kind of mini-magazine you want! You are the editor, the writer, the art director, you are IT! You can choose whatever theme you want to cover, or NO theme. You can use whatever kind of paper you want, you can make it all color or all black and white. See what I mean? Decisions!! But, I'm loving my little baby. I made a lot more work for myself just because I'm so picky, but I'll be proud of what I send out.

But I won't be sending anything out if I don't stop getting distracted by such cool things on the web! More later...

No comments: