Monday, October 20, 2008

Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun!




As you can see, the top two photos have nothing to do with the bottom two! First things first: the top two are the last of my art doll ATC's that I have sent off to the hostess! I loved the cat when I saw him and had to make a doll out of him. His face is all black glitter; that is what some of the reflection is that's glaring on the photo. The little ghoul girl was clip art that I had in a file. I just used her head and made the rest out of fabric, buttons and paper. She's kind of creepy, but it's Halloween, so she's supposed to be!

The next two cards are the part of the Secret Key ATC's I finally received today! Yay! These were a long time getting here. A few people missed the deadline, so we all had to wait. Anyway, here are two of the four.

I love seeing how each person will interpret the theme. It just shows you how creative people can be. I received four very different interpretations of "Secret Key". The first one says, "Travel is the key that helps us see". It's really nice! The artist included some really cool foreign postage stamps and part of a postcard from Hawaii.

The second one is a beautiful card on watercolor paper. Soft pastel peachy color. The back of the card reads: "I Corinthians 13:13 (NN) "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE." Then at the bottom, she wrote: "psst...pass it on". Very Nice!

It's such a treat getting little pieces of art in the mail from people all over the country. I can't wait to see what kind of art doll ATC's I'll receive. I will post them here when they arrive. Now I have to clean up my studio because I can't even walk through it right now. Bits and scraps of paper, stickers, fabric, glue, etc. are all over the place.

Next projects to work on: 1) the Amusing Paper Doll swap (from Artella) You create 3 paper dolls in any medium you wish: 1 doll is you, 1 is your Muse, and 1 is any kind of doll you want (I think... I'll have to check on that). You get three in return. 2) My art swap with a fellow Artella artist. Still trying to get something centered around the butterfly theme, since that is what she likes. 3) My Art Journal. Hope to have a page done by tomorrow night.

I was upset to hear that the bag of ephemera that I sent PRIORITY MAIL a week ago Saturday never made it to the hostess! I paid extra money for nothing. So, I have to get another baggie of 35 items together by tomorrow and mail it out AGAIN. I'm not using priority anymore. It's a ripoff. So, regular mail will probably get there (I hope) in a reasonable time.

OK. Got that off my chest. That's all for today. Stay tuned...

No comments: